Monday, April 24, 2017

Number 7: Almost Done

Well folks, it is getting close to that time when we pack it up and head home for the summer, but there is still great work to be done. For me, it is crunch time in the classroom. (More importantly) It is also about that time the baseball team heads off to our conference tournament, having clinched our spot this passed weekend.

This is such a special group of guys that I get to play with and call my brothers. We finish up our regular season this week, with two nonconference games against Tabor College tomorrow, and our final four conference games against Grand View on Thursday and Friday. All games will be here in Peru, and I look forward to seeing you all out there. I am beyond proud of this team for what is has accomplished so far this year, even though I believe we are even better than what we have shown. There is no getting around it, we have let a fair amount of games slip through our fingers, but we have also battled adversity and have won 29 games to date. After making some noise as an underdog, while ultimately suffering a tough elimination from the conference tournament last year, I am very excited to get back to it, this time as a team with high expectations, and maybe even considered favorites to win it. Teams know what we are about, but I truly believe that as good as we have been, we have yet to play our best ball, and something tells me we will put it all together when the lights turn on on the biggest stage.

All I want is that championship ring. Watch out Peru, your baseball team might mess around and win it all. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with you its crunch time in the classroom and on the field. Softball team has been fighting for a spot to go to the tournament, but if we win the next couple games we are heading to St. Joe for the conference tournament. Congrats on clinching a spot in the tournament that is awesome. You boys are an awesome group keep up the wins and get you a ring. The softball team is heading to that ring here soon too. I agree with you, all I want is that ring! Awesome post Chet.

    ReplyDelete