Monday, April 17, 2017

5 Blogs Too Many

This will be a story of the time I went to the World Series. For no other reason than because it was the first thing that came to mind when I sat down to write this blog.

I was eight years old. My favorite baseball team, the Giants of San Francisco, were in the World Series, and ahead of the Angels three games to two. One win away from winning it all.

On the day of Game 6, my dad was going to take me down to Anaheim, which is about 45 minutes away from home, to go to the ESPN zone to play some games, have some dinner and watch the game, and then hopefully celebrate. The ESPN zone was right next to Disneyland, and about fifteen minutes away from where the game would be played. When we got into Anaheim, pops stopped to get some cash at an ATM machine. What I did not know is that he had spotted someone scalping tickets to the game, and he bought them.

When we got to the stadium, I was in disbelief. Being as young as I was, I probably did not appreciate being there as much as I would today, but the feeling was still incredible. I witnessed a great game, I witnessed history, I witnessed an incredible comeback that as a baseball player I have to tip my cap to. I was able to witness the legend of Barry Bonds, crusing his fourth and last World Series home run.


The Giants blew a 5 to 0 lead, losing the game and eventually the series, when they were so close to being champions in front of my own eyes. It was crushing. But if that did not happen, I would not have anything to write about for this blog assignment, so in a way, I am happy it happened. Thanks for reading. #10 #12 #14


2 comments:

  1. Great post! I've always wanted to go to a World Series before and hope I can go to one someday. You included some great pictures to make you feel like you're actually there. Baseball is so crazy in the sense that you can be a complete underdog and defeat all odds and come out on top. I think that's one thing I really love about softball and baseball is that you never really know who's going to win any given day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post Chet! I have always wanted to go to a world series game. Being a Royals fan I really wanted to go to the game a couple years ago, that would have been awesome.

    ReplyDelete